Are you doing any new years resolutions? I am doing a no sugar January and let me just tell you, it’s been pretty hard! Especially over the weekends. This past weekend I was going to a Birthday Potluck at the beach and I needed to bring a snack that was gluten and sugar free so I made bacon wrapped dates! Have you ever had some? It’s actually a Spanish tapas snack and they are the best sweet and salty combo! It’s super easy to make and always a hit with the crowd. Here is how you make them!
What you need for about 30 pieces:
- 1 pack of dates (I get mine at Trader Joe’s and they have about 30 pieces in there)
- 2 packs of bacon
- Cutting board with parchment paper
- Small knife
- Toothpicks (No flavor)
1. Start by pitting the dates. Use a knife to cut halfway through the date
2. Open it up
3. Peel out the stone from the date and close it back up
4. Take the bacon out of the pack and lay it down on the cutting board
5. Take either a scissor or a knife and cut them in half while the slices are still together
6. Take one date and one half of a bacon slice and roll it up like displayed in the pictures
7. Place the bacon wrapped date on a cooking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure you place it with the end facing down. This will prevent the date from falling apart while cooking
8. Cook at 400 fahrenheit/200 celsius for about 20 minutes until the bacon is cooked
9. Once it’s done, stick a toothpick in each one for easy (non-greasy) eating. Enjoy! :)
Hope you’ll like it!
Until Next Time, Hadet på Badet!