Right before the new year rolls around, I like to take a look back at the year that has passed. Did I achieve what I wanted to achieve? What were my favorite highs? Any teachable lows? And with that, I try to determine what are some of my hopes, dreams and goals for the upcoming year.
At first when I started to think about 2014, I figured that it wasn’t that big of a year. Everything was just same old, same old. That was until I started to really think through it. I take it back. This was a pretty eventful year! Here are my top 14 moments from 2014. Hope you like it!
1. I had so much fun with my favorite sidekick!2. I ran the color run again and realized how far I have come with my running! 3. I Graduated with my Masters of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications!Starting this masters program is one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has given me so much! An American Graduation Ceremony is very different from what I am used to, but I liked it. Walking across that stage made me think back on the two years I have spent earning my degree and how much it has changed my perspective.
4. My Mom Came to Visit!In April my mom and Magnar came to visit me for a couple of weeks. We travelled all around Northern California and I had a great time! They have visited me before and we have previously taken the Highway 1 tour down to Southern California so this time around, we wanted to focus north. We went to see the giant Sequoia trees up in Legget and even drove through one!
5. I Got a New Job! #Ilovemyjob
6. I went to Norway for 17th of May! 17th of May in Norway is like 4th of July in the US. People celebrate with parades, music, food, parties and not to mention the national costumes. This might be totally bonkers to you, but its actually pretty fun!
7. Work Travels!I know most people don’t like to travel for work, but I do! Even if I only get an hour to see the city, it’s more than I would otherwise! :)
8. BlogHer 14!In July I went to my first blog conference, BlogHer 14. It was a lot of fun and I met some incredible people! It actually inspired me to pick up blogging again and I am so glad I did!
9. I Ran My First Half Marathon!The day after I came back from BlogHer, I ran my first half marathon! This was a pretty big deal for me, and I wrote a blogpost about the race here
10. Featured on Huffington Post!After reflecting on my half marathon race and writing this blog post, I was super excited to see it featured on Huffington Post!
11. New York!In September I went to New York to meet up with some friends and I had the best time! And I finally got to go to Mood! Read all about it here
12. Chocolate Creme BrûléeThis might seem funny, that a dessert made it to my top 2014 list, but this one was probably the best I have ever tasted!
13. Best Blog Posts of 2014!It’s pretty interesting that its one fitness and one dessert post, but the posts I wrote about my half marathon and this one featuring a Norwegian Apple Cake recipe was the most read blogposts on Repolished in 2014
14. MontrealMontreal was one of the best trips I have been on! The city is amazing with so much history, great food and felt so peaceful! It was a perfect romantic christmas getaway!
How was your 2014?
Until Next Time, Hadet på Badet!